New chiefs in Districts 5 and 11; other promotions announced at Broward Center ceremony
Broward Sheriff Ken Jenne announced promotions for 37 BSO veterans from the Departments of Law Enforcement, Detention and Community Control and other areas at ceremonies held at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, January 22, 2003.,“These employees are true success stories," said Sheriff Jenne, "and I'm proud to promote them for their exemplary work.",Deputies, employees and their families joined Sheriff Jenne onstage as he recognized the outstanding contributions made by these employees to BSO and the citizens of Broward County:
- Major James Wimberly was promoted to colonel and will serve as Executive Director of the Department of Detention and Community Control. ,
- Major Rick Frey was named lieutenant colonel and will head BSO’s Department of Detention. ,
- Commander Walter Laun was promoted to captain and has been assigned to the Inmate Management Unit. ,
- Captain Frank Lightbourn and Lt. George Jarboe were both promoted to district chief. Chief Lightbourn remains in District 11 Pompano Beach where he served as administrative captain, and Chief Jarboe assumes the chief’s duties in District 5 Unincorporated Broward County where he previously served as executive officer. ,
- Lt. John Hale, formerly the Area One Executive Officer in District 11 Pompano Beach, was promoted to captain and will remain in Pompano. ,
- Business Manager Linda Kristofik was named Assistant Director of the Bureau of Resource Management.
Sergeants promoted to lieutenant include: Paul Arndt, Catherine Badgett, Brian Montgomery, Julian Ulvang, Frederick Wood, Linda Canada-Stuck and John Palmer.,BSO deputies promoted to sergeant include: James Carpenter, Catherine Cummings, Richard Foust, Alec Williams, Steven Derstine, Angelo Cedeno, Michael Kallman, Mitchell Kogod, Richard Pisanti, Eduardo Rosende, Chandra Jefferson, Jennifer Zinglo, Patrick White, Carlos Carrillo, Jay Leiner, Hector Rodriguez, Anthony Garcia, Thomas Gentile, David Holmes, Thomas Palmer and Rudolph Nesbitt.,In addition, Child Protective Investigations Section Investigators Jyothi Aranha and Erica Barnes were promoted to the position of supervisor.
Translate This Page: