VICTIM OF APPARENT HOMICIDE IDENTIFIED
- BSO Case Number: BS02-05-13770
- PIO Number: 02-5-63
- Date: May 30, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 block of NW 11th Place, unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale
- Michael Holmes, 31, 7/24/70, 2691 NW 6th Court, Pompano Beach
- None at this time
Description of Incident:
A Pompano Beach man is dead today and Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are treating the death as an apparent murder.
It was just before 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 30, 2002 when a homeowner phoned BSO about a car that had just hit a tree near 2840 NW 11th Place in unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale.
When rescue arrived moments later, they found 31-year old Michael Holmes dead behind the wheel of his green, 1993 Mazda 626.
BSO detectives say their initial investigation of the scene showed that Holmes, of 2691 NW 6th Court, Pompano Beach, had suffered an injury not consistent with a car crash. They say the injury strongly suggests foul play.
Holmes had worked at a Ft. Lauderdale metal stamping company, Precision Resource and had apparently gotten off work at about 11:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, 2002.
While investigators continue to search for clues, the Medical Examiner will determine the specific cause of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza & R. Libman
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 5/30/02 4:00 p.m.