BSO SEEKS HELP SOLVING LAUDERHILL KILLING
- BSO Case Number: LH02-06-1690 (Lauderhill)
- PIO Number: 02-6-8
- Date: June 10, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 5740 NW 27th Court, Lauderhill
- Duane Mitchell, 18, 3/27/84, 5740 NW 27th Court, Lauderhill
- None at this time
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are asking for help tracking down the person or persons behind a Lauderhill murder last night.
Late in the evening of Monday, June 10, 2002, 18-year old Duane Mitchell was at his parents home, 5740 NW 27th Court, socializing with six of his friends. Duane’s parents were not home at the time.
Shortly after 9:30 p.m., there was a knock at the door and Duane got up to answer it. The teen’s friends heard a scream, a shot rang out, and Duane died at the scene from a gunshot wound to the chest.
BSO detectives have interviewed those who were home with Duane at the time of the murder and are continuing with their investigation.
Investigators are asking anyone with information on this senseless killing to contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available to anyone who can help close this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. J. Berrena & D. Nicholson
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 6/11/02 1:30 p.m.