THIRD SUSPECT ARRESTED IN HIGHWAY HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: 12-1305-000538
- PIO Number: 13-7-23 (13-5-8b, 13-6-18)
- Date: May 5, 2013
- Time: 6:41 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Southbound on-ramp of Interstate 95 at Commercial Boulevard
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Nicholas Romondo Walker, 33, male, 01/14/80, 2014 N.W. 43 Terr., Lauderhill (DECEASED)
- Scott Simon, male, 24, 4/30/88, 1221 N.W. 3 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
- Ronel Desinor, male, 27, 10/12/85, 940 N.E. 51 St., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
- Michael Depre, male, 25, 1/21/88, 4030 N.E. 18 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested a third suspect involved in the shooting death of a man on I-95 on May 5, 2013.
Investigators obtained warrants for Ronel Desinor and Michael Depre for their involvement in the death, though their specific roles are not being revealed. Depre surrendered himself to authorities on July 22, at the Broward County Judicial Complex. Desinor was taken into custody Monday, June 24, at a friend’s house in North Lauderdale without incident. Scott Simon, described as being the master mind behind the murder, was arrested the night of May 21. All three men are charged with first-degree murder.
When deputies arrived at the scene on May 5, shortly after 6:40 a.m., they found Nicholas Walker’s silver Buick crashed into a guard rail. Deputies and Oakland Park Fire Rescue extinguished a fire in the engine compartment, but Walker had already died of gunshot wounds. The investigation prompted a three-hour closure of all southbound lanes of I-95.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. Ellwood, Dets. Tutler, Kogan Oakland Park
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción & Gina Carter/PIO 7/23/13 1330