LA QUINTA INN SHOOTING SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: DR06-09-4632 (update 4)
- PIO Number: 06-10-34
- Date: September 24, 2006
- Time: 0213
- Place of Occurrence: 351 West Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach
- 1. Elvin Holmes Jr., 20, 9/23/86, male, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- 2. Jermaine Paul, 17, male, Deerfield Beach
- Wesly Dorcelus, 18, male, 04/25/88 , 4061 NW 3rd Terr., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives tracked down a fugitive involved in a shooting that killed a man and wounded another in late September. Eighteen-year-old Wesly Dorcelus was found in Port St. Lucie, Florida and was arrested Tuesday, October 24th.
BSO, with the cooperation of the U.S. Marshals Service and the FBI Fugitive Task Force, located Dorcelus at a home where he had been renting a room for two days.
Dorcelus had been on the run since September 24th, when he shot and killed 20-year-old Elvin Holmes Jr., and wounded 17-year-old Jermaine Paul at the LaQuinta Inn, located at 351 West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach.
Dorcelus has confessed to the crime. He faces charges of first degree murder, attempted murder, and an additional charge of attempted armed robbery for an unrelated incident.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. D. Nicholson & M. Copley, CI Agg. Felonies Dets. M. Lott & J. Kogan, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 10/25/2006 1130
- Still Photo - Wesly Dorcelus
Translate This Page: