DEALING IN STOLEN PROPERTY
- BSO Case Number: BS02-05-154
- PIO Number: 02-5-1
- Date: April 29, 2002
- Time: 1100
- Place of Occurrence: see narrative
- Glenn O’ Braddy, 44, 4/12/58, male, 212 SW 159 Way, Sunrise
- John Krasnick, 31, 10/15/70, male, 2910 Cypress Avenue, Miramar
- John Pyle, 19, 9/22/82, male, 11852 SW 13 Street, Pembroke Pines
- Jason Brody, 23, 8/2/78, male, 11852 SW 13 Street, Pembroke Pines
- Michelle Graham, 19, 8/25/82, female, 11852 SW 13 Street, Pembroke Pines
Description of Incident:
Two prolific crooks, who recently arrived in Broward County, along with their female accomplice have been arrested and face numerous charges following their month long crime spree.
John Pyle and Jason Brody told Broward Sheriff's Office detectives they arrived in the area about six weeks ago from Pennsylvania. The partners in crime said they committed numerous thefts to support a heroin addiction. The third suspect, Michelle Graham, arrived in South Florida last week. Graham said she accompanied and assisted Pyle and Brody while they stole items throughout the county. The trio would turn the stolen property, which consisted mainly of power tools, into pawnshops for cash.
Their scheme started to unravel when they were caught breaking into two vehicles in the parking lot of Home Depot located at 1951 South State Road 7 near Hollywood. They fled the scene in a silver 2001 Ford Mustang with Pennsylvania tag DTN9142. BSO detectives tracked the suspects to an apartment at 11852 SW 13 Street in Pembroke Pines where they were taken into custody Monday evening. All three suspects face numerous charges including: burglary of a conveyance, dealing in stolen property, petit theft in addition to felony pawnshop violations.
More than 100 items have been recovered from Casino Pawn and King of Pawn both in Hollywood. Anyone who feels they may be a victim in this case is asked to contact BSO Dist. 1 Det. Richard Rossman at (954) 964-0534.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. R. Rossman, Dist. 1
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO