MOTORCYCLIST DIES IN DANIA BEACH COLLISION
- BSO Case Number: 90-1703-002619
- PIO Number: 17-3-23
- Date: March 18, 2017
- Time: 12:52 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 100 block of South Federal Highway, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Mitchell James Mustain, 25, male, 5/8/91, 5707 Madison St., Hollywood (DECEASED)
- James Minard, 69, male, Jupiter
Description of Incident:
A 25-year-old motorcyclist died Saturday afternoon after colliding into a vehicle in Dania Beach.
Just before 1 p.m. Saturday, Mitchell Mustain was riding his green Kawasaki ZR1000 southbound on South Federal Highway. According to witnesses and evidence collected at the scene, he accelerated as he passed Dania Beach Boulevard, driving at a high rate of speed.
Meanwhile, 69-year-old James Minard was exiting a parking lot near 64 S. Federal Hwy. and turned left to merge into the northbound lanes. Mustain attempted to brake to avoid the crashing into Minard’s white Cadillac but struck the driver’s side within the shared center turn lane.
Mustain was transported to Memorial Regional Hospital where he pronounced dead.
Minard reported no injuries. He remained on scene to cooperate with Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide and crime scene detectives as they conducted their investigation.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Morales, THI; Dania Beach, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 3/19/17 1200
Posted At: 03/19/2017 11:49 AM
Translate This Page: