DRIVER OF MOTOR SCOOTER KILLED IN CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 10-1404-002143
- PIO Number: 14-4-20
- Date: April 14, 2014
- Time: 4:07 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 5100 block of North Dixie Highway, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Dale Nonemaker, male, 62, 3/30/52, 253 S. Cypress Rd. #226, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A man operating a motor scooter Monday afternoon in Deerfield Beach was fatally injured when he lost control and ran into the median.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives say it’s unclear what caused 62-year-old Dale Nonemaker to lose control of the scooter. He had been heading south in the left lane of North Dixie Highway just after 4 p.m. when he hit the median. No other vehicles were involved.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded and transported Nonemaker to Broward Health North Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later. He was not wearing a helmet when he crashed.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Kelliher, DeJesus; Lt. Akers; Deerfield Beach, BSFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 4/15/14 1630
Translate This Page: