WANTED MAN FLEES FROM BSO WITH TODDLER IN CAR
- BSO Case Number: 90-1310-003637
- PIO Number: 13-10-25
- Date: October 28, 2013
- Time: 1:33 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2600 Davie Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Central Broward, Pembroke Park
- Amanda Beard, female, age 27, Ft. Lauderdale
- Aniah Kalinowski, female, age 3, Ft. Lauderdale
- Jayson Kalinowski, male, 31, 10/25/82, 429 SW 25 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A man with drug-related arrest warrants fled from a Broward Sheriff’s Office civil deputy trying to serve him with a restraining order Monday afternoon, leading law enforcement on a highway pursuit with his frightened girlfriend and toddler along for the ride.
The chase ended when Jayson Kalinowski, 31, bailed out of his SUV in a Pembroke Park mobile home park and hid. A BSO K-9 deputy tracked him down, and he was taken into custody. His girlfriend, 27-year-old Amanda Beard, and their 3-year-old daughter were not harmed. During the chase, a BSO deputy and sergeant saw Beard apparently trying to get out of the SUV. At one point, Kalinowski drove against traffic on an Interstate 95 on-ramp, clipping another vehicle in the process. He was charged with fleeing and eluding law enforcement with lights and sirens activated, resisting arrest without violence, two counts of false imprisonment and child cruelty. He has a lengthy criminal history and two no-bond arrest warrants from Highlands County Sheriff’s Office.
BSO continues to investigate the incident, including shots that were fired by BSO deputies in the mobile home park as they searched for Kalinowski. Hallandale Beach and Ft. Lauderdale police departments assisted with his apprehension. Kalinowski was bitten by a BSO K-9 during his arrest.
Media note: Sheriff Scott Israel and Hallandale Beach Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy will be available to media at 3 p.m. today at BSO Pembroke Park/West Park district office, 3201 W. Hallandale Beach.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. M. Marks, Sgt. Champagne
- D5, D1, Hallandale Beach, FLPD, BSFR, Crime Scene, IA
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 10/29/13 1330