APPARENT HOMICIDE IN FT. LAUDERDALE
- BSO Case Number: BS02-05-13770
- PIO Number: 02-5-61
- Date: May 30, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 block of NW 11th Place, unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale
- 31-year old black male from Pompano Beach
- None at this time
Description of Incident:
A Pompano Beach man is dead today and Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are treating the death as an apparent murder.
It was just before 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 30, 2002 when a homeowner phoned BSO about a car that had just hit a tree near 2840 NW 11th Place in unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale.
When rescue arrived moments later, they found a 31-year old black male dead behind the wheel of the green Mazda.
BSO detectives say their initial investigation of the scene showed that the victim had suffered an injury not consistent with a car crash. They say the injury strongly suggests foul play.
While investigators continue to search for clues, the Medical Examiner will determine the specific cause of death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza & R. Libman
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 5/30/02 11:00 a.m.
Posted At: 05/30/2002 10:36 AM
Translate This Page: