BROWARD INMATE DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES
- BSO Case Number: BS02-05-3382
- PIO Number: 02-5-17
- Date: May 7, 2002
- Time: 2205
- Place of Occurrence: North Broward Bureau, 1550 NW 30 Avenue, Pompano Beach
- Syed M. Ahmed, 43, 11/7/58, male, 3281 Coral Hill Drive #3, Coral Springs(DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Coral Springs man, accused of stabbing his mother to death last month, has died.
A Wexford nurse made the discovery, shortly after ten o’clock Tuesday night, while making her rounds in the mental health unit of the North Broward Bureau. The nurse observed Syed Ahmed lying facedown and unresponsive. Paramedics responded while nursing staff administered CPR. Ahmed was pronounced dead at 10:55 p.m.
Following an autopsy, Wednesday morning, the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office determined Ahmed died of natural causes from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (a heart disease).
Per departmental procedure, BSO’s Homicide Unit and Office of Professional Compliance are investigating the circumstances surrounding Ahmed’s death.
Ahmed was originally arrested for the murder of his mother by the Coral Springs Police Department on April 8, 2002.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgts. O’Neil & Murray, & Det. R. Carmody, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO May 8, 2002 1300
- Photo of Inmate - Syed Ahmed
Translate This Page: