Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the east, Sheridan Street on the south, State Road 7 to the west and State Road 84 to the north, Dania Beach is approximately 8 square miles and is dissected by US-1 and I-95. The city has an annual population of 28,000 people that significantly increases with tourists and shoppers during the winter season.
The city is home to the International Game and Fish Association World Fishing Center as well as other prestigious attractions including Dania Jai Alai and Bass Pro Outdoor World. The city is noted for its large collection of antique shops along a 3-block area of US-1 and a blossoming marine industry.
The district includes the residential areas of Maleleuca Gardens, Poinciana Park, The Danians, Meadowbrook North, Dania Highlands, Sheraton Ocean Club, Sheraton Lake Club, Meadowbrook South, South Dania Heights, South Dixie, Dania Heights, College Gardens, Modello Park, Byrd Point, Griffin Park, Key North, Oakbridge, Davis Isles, Avon Isles, Estates of Fort Lauderdale, Ravenswood Estates and Playland Isles among others.
Through a contractual agreement between BSO and Dania Beach, the annual operating budget is approximately $10.2 million and provides for 79 positions including a district captain, two lieutenants, eight sergeants, 58 deputies and other positions.
- E-mail Captain Kevin Granville
- City of Dania Beach
- Click here for automobile theft deterrent measures and other special services are offered by BSO.
- Combat bike theft. Register your bicycle with BSO's BikeTrack system.
- Search for and map the location of sexual offenders and sexual predators in your area.
- Our Communities Main Page
- Central Broward
- Cooper City
- Court Services
- Deerfield Beach
- Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood Int'l Airport
- Lauderdale Lakes
- North Lauderdale
- Oakland Park
- Pembroke Park, West Park
- Pompano Beach
- Port Everglades
- Southwest Ranches
- Weston and unincorporated West Broward