The district is Broward County's northernmost district and includes the City of Deerfield Beach. The district is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Florida Turnpike to the west, the Palm Beach county line to the north and the City of Pompano Beach to the south and encompasses approximately 16.25 square miles.
The Town of Deerfield was incorporated on June 11, 1925 with 1,300 residents. In 1939, the name of the town was changed to the City of Deerfield Beach. BSO was contracted to provide law enforcement services for the city in 1990 and undertook its parking enforcement in 1996 and code enforcement in 1997.
Deerfield Beach is home to many national events including professional touring sports, a super power boat race and a July 4th extravaganza.
The district has an annual operating budget of approximately $21 million and provides for 152 positions including a district captain, three lieutenants, 13 sergeants, 109 deputies, 8 code officers and 7 volunteer parking enforcement officers.
- E-mail Captain Robert Schnakenberg
- City of Deerfield Beach web site
- Click here for other special services are offered by BSO.
- Combat bike theft. Register your bicycle with BSO's BikeTrack system.
- Search for and map the location of sexual offenders and sexual predators in your area.
- BSO Online Safe Transactions.
- Senior Explorer Advisor - Deputy Joe Etter (954) 480-4300 or (954) 480-4287
Translate This Page: