The City of Deerfield Beach, located in Northeast Broward County was incorporated in 1925. Deerfield Beach covers approximately 16.5 square miles, and is home to over 73,000 residents. The city is primarily a residential community and offers commercial development such as shopping facilities, office buildings, restaurants, tourist lodgings, and light industry. The City of Deerfield Beach strives to provide services and a quality of life that helps residents enjoy the lifestyle of South Florida and prosper in an ever-growing international economy.
The district includes:
- Nationally recognized corporate leaders including JM Family Enterprises, Inc., National Distributing Inc. of South Florida, Publix Corporation, Double Eagle Distributing Inc., and United Parcel Service.
- Office business parks including Newport Center, Deerfield Office Park, The Quorum, Fairway Drive, Quiet Waters Business Park, and Powerline Business Park.
- International manufacturing companies such as Rexall/Sundown Vitamins, Sun-Sentinel Newspaper, and MWI Corporation.
- Hospitality providers including Embassy Suites Resort, Hilton, Comfort Suites, Best Western, and other accommodation facilities.
- Recreation leaders including Deer Creek Golf Club, Deer Creek Racquet Club, and the award winning municipal beach and pier.
- Restaurants including Brooks Restaurant, Cove Marina & Restaurant, JB’s on the Beach, Oceans 234, and Little Havana.
In addition to law enforcement services, The Broward Sheriff’s Office began providing fire rescue services to the city of Deerfield Beach in October of 2011. Fire Rescue Services are also provided to the citizens of Hillsboro Beach per contract with the City. Under the direction of the Sheriff, BSO is proud to provide extensive public safety services to the Cities residents and visitors.
District Chief Chad Brocato
Chief Brocato began his fire rescue career in 1991 when he joined Coral Springs Fire Department as a volunteer firefighter while waiting to enter into a full time position seeking a long career in the fire service.
In 1994, he was hired by Deerfield Beach Fire Rescue. He worked within the agency for nearly 18 years, advancing through every rank from firefighter to fire chief. Following the merger with the Broward Sheriff’s Office in October 2011, he now proudly serves as the district chief for Deerfield Beach.
Chief Brocato has received numerous awards during his career, including Paramedic of the Year, Firefighter of the Year, Fire Officer of the Year, Florida’s EMS Educator of the Year and the Fire Chiefs Association of Broward County Public Educator of the Year. He developed an on-line EMS curriculum that is used world-wide, he sits on the Journal of Emergency Medical Services Content Editorial Board and regularly presents at fire service conferences across the nation.
Chief Brocato holds a Master of Medical Science degree as well as a Doctor of Health Science degree. He is expected to complete his law degree in 2012.