Fire Prevention Branch/Education Programs
The Fire Prevention Branch provides a variety of services targeted to commercial, industrial, school, public assembly, health care and multi-residential properties, including:
- Annual commercial fire inspections: reviews commercial properties for fire code compliance
- Fire investigation: works with the Fire Suppression Branch to research fires of suspicious origin
- Construction plans review and technical services: required for all new construction and renovation to ensure code compliance prior to issuance of building permits. The review includes fire suppression devices, exits, storage, fire alarm systems and review of storage and manufacturing of hazardous materials.
- Monthly neighborhood code enforcement tours: identifies and issues notices to correct code violations or hazardous conditions which may affect public safety.
In addition, the Fire Prevention Branch coordinates the Juvenile Firesetter Prevention and Intervention Program, affording counseling to children who have started fires.
General Education Programs:
The Public Education Section conducts educational programs on life and fire safety. For more information about available programs or to schedule one for your group, contact the unit at (954) 831-8210. Or you may complete this form and fax it to (954) 831-8218 and a representative from BSO Fire Rescue will contact you.
Fire Rescue Programs:
- Kids Come First
- Killer Bees
- Operation Medicine Cabinet
- Prescription Drug Prevention
- Preventing Accidental Falls
- Recognizing Gang Activity
- Restraining Orders
- Protecting Yourself
- Securing Your Home
- Sexual Assault
- Smoke Alarm Safety
- Street Crime
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Suspicious Packages
- Traveler's Safety
- Staying Safe Main Page
Translate This Page: