PEDESTRIAN FATALLY STRUCK CROSSING BROWARD BOULEVARD
- BSO Case Number: 90-1709-004248
- PIO Number: 17-9-13
- Date: September 16, 2017
- Time: 11:23 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2800 block of W. Broward Blvd., Unincorporated Broward County
- Driver: Jhor Louidor, 28, male, Ft. Lauderdale
- Pedestrian: Jimmy Harrold, 44, male, 6/7/73, 5920 N.W. 12th St., Sunrise (DECEASED)
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated Broward County
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff Office Traffic Homicide Investigations Unit detectives are investigating a crash that took the life of a pedestrian Saturday in Unincorporated Broward County.
Just before 11:30 p.m. Sept. 16, Jhor Louidor was driving a 2015 Lexus IS250, traveling westbound on West Broward Boulevard in the inside lane. For an unknown reason, Jimmy Harrold stepped into the roadway from between other vehicles near Northwest 28th Terrace. There are no crosswalks located in this area. Harrold was struck by Louidor’s Lexus and sustained life-threatening injuries.
After realizing what happened, Louidor made a U-turn and returned to the scene. He remained at the scene until police arrived. Both the driver and passenger stated none of the other vehicles stopped, and they did not see if any of the other vehicles struck the victim.
BSO Fire Rescue transported Harrold to Broward Health Medical Center. He passed away on Sept. 18 at the hospital. The THI investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Investigations Detective Huneke at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Huneke and Morales
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 9/21/17 1500
Posted At: 09/21/2017 02:30 PM