PIO Number: 18-11-1a (18-11-1, 18-6-2 & 18-4-2)
Lauderhill Police Department arrested Pedro Alvarado, 52, for eight armed robberies committed in Broward County since February.
At approximately 1 p.m. Nov. 10, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Kentucky Fried Chicken located at 3298 N. SR7. The suspect, later identified as Alvarado, ordered a soda. When the cashier opened the register, Alvarado insinuated he had a gun and demanded she hand over the money. The victim did not comply, and Alvarado fled the store on foot.
About 20 minutes later, Lauderhill officers took Alvarado into custody for attempting to rob a McDonald’s located 5510 West Oakland Park Blvd. During the robbery, the store manager apprehended Alvarado after the two engaged in a brief altercation.
BSO detectives identified Alvarado as the same man wanted for a series of similar robberies. He now faces charges for the following robberies:
(1) 2/24/2018, Payless Shoes, Lauderdale Lakes
(2) 3/03/2018, McDonald’s, Oakland Park
(3) 5/31/2018, McDonald’s, Oakland Park
(4) 10/08/2018, Payless Shoes, Lauderdale Lakes
(5) 10/24/2018, Payless Shoes, Lauderdale Lakes
(6) 10/30/2018, Fellas Department Store, Lauderdale Lakes
(7) 11/10/2018, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Lauderdale Lakes
(8) 11/10/2018, Mc Donald’s, Lauderhill
Alvarado has previously served almost 24 years in prison in Florida and Puerto Rico.
THIS REPORT BY: